Hair Care FAQ
|How often should I shampoo?
Scalp hair cannot be washed too often. Shampoo's made by reputable major manufacturers do not damage hair or make it fall out. Hair can be washed every day or even multiple times each day without regard to damage. However hair is stripped of natural oils and you will find your hair will look and feel better if you do not wash it daily. The oils will initally be worse when
you first start however over time the oil production will normilize for most people.
If you are using Ketoconazole (Nizoral) as part of your hair re-growth regime you will typically apply the Nizoral on the dry balding areas, wait 5 minutes, rinse with warm water and then use you normal shampoo.
|Should I use a Conditioner?
A good hair care regime will include using a good quality conditioner after each shampoo. Conditioners will smooth hair and add moisture, nutrients and oils back into washed hair. And will eliminate tangles and make the hair softer and more manageable.
|What type of hair do I have?
Your hair is normal if:
You should choose a shampoo and conditioner that are designed
for normal hair.
Your hair is greasy (or fine) if:
- it is not overly greasy nor overly dry
- it holds its style well
- it appears shiny and healthy
- it has not been permed or color-treated
You should also wash your hair with a good cleansing shampoo specially designed for greasy hair, and use a special conditioner for greasy hair.
Your hair is dry if:
- appears limp
- looks flat and lacks volume
- is difficult to manage
- hard to style
- gets greasy after shampooing
- looks dull or dry and rough
- tangles easily
- is difficult to brush
- has been treated chemically (permed, bleached or colored)
- has split ends
- is frizzy
You should choose a shampoo and conditioner that are designed for dry hair.
|Washing your hair
Everyone should know how to wash his or her hair however here are some tips
to prevent damage.
- Do not rub your hair in circles or aggressively
- Use your finger tips not the entire hand to prevent tangles if you hair is longer
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water. If you hair is greasy a second application of shampoo might be helpful
- You only need enough shampoo to create a good lather over the entire scalp
- Cold water rinsing will increase the shine of your hair
The contents of this website comes from personal experiences and observations, meant only for educational purposes and not intended to replace medical advice, consultations, or treatment of any kind. Please see your professional health care provider to discuss topics on this site.
Copyright, 2006-2012. All rights reserved.